- Video Placement: for pianists, we should see from head to toe / for trumpeters, they should stand and we should see from either head to toe, or head to knees
- Lighting: brighter is better, especially directly on the performer, but best if no lamps or bright lights are directly facing the camera.
- Video background: try to clean up any clutter that might be in the background, feel free to add a plant or holiday decoration
- Attire: probably should be kind of nice, anywhere from dressy to 'casual nice'
- Music Preparation: if using music, have music already in place prior to giving yourself a quiet count-in
- Recording: * Important *: please allow for a few seconds of video before AND after each performance piece. That will be very helpful as I hope to fade in and out of each performer, so
it would be best not to hit stop right away but let a few seconds happen before stopping the video.
- my plan is to fade to black after each performer, then fade up from black before the next performer.
- after the final cutoff - pianists set their hands down and continue to look forward / trumpeters just bring your trumpet down and continue to look forward.
- When finished recording, please text the video to me of each performance piece.